Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Skyrim Stamina Bars

I love prepackaged brownie mixes. No measuring, weighing, or dirtying dishes. Also, the only other ingredients required are vegetable oil and eggs. I find a lot of these brownie mixes lack some of the depth that comes from making brownies from scratch. I've put everything in brownies mixes: nuts, liquor and extracts. My personal favorite is adding instant espresso. I love Medaglia D'oro brand for this flavor, plus the little extra caffeine. Speaking of which, chocolate is also a source of caffeine. These are the perfect way to utilitize your "Skyrim" loading screens and eat something with enough sugar and caffeine to keep you going past the 100 hour mark.

Skyrim Stamina Brownie Bars
1 package premixed brownie mix (I like Ghirardelli)
1 1/2 TBSP Instant Espresso Powder
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1/2 c Heath Chunks

The following measurements are from my brownie mix, yours may be different.
1/3 c Vegetable Oil
1/3 c Water
1 egg

Follow the directions on your brownie mix; however, fairly generic instructions are:
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2) Whisk together oil, extract, espresso, water and egg.
3) Add brownie mix and mix together. Add Heath Chunks and mix.
4) Pour into a pregreased pan and spread evenly.
5) Bake for 30 minutes and check. Unless your package says to cook less time for your pan size, ALWAYS check at 30 minutes. I find most packages tell you too much time, and you end up with burnt brownies.
      I stab my brownies with a fork to see if they're done. If the fork comes out clean, you're good!
6) Cool for 20 minutes, cut, grab a glass of milk (or mead) and enjoy!

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment